Digital Marketing Masterclass
Those who attended the Chamber’s May networking evening were treated to a masterclass: not one, but TWO experts on aspects of digital marketing.
Several key messages and trends:
- Ultimately, most digital marketing is designed to drive traffic to your web site – so make sure your web site is fit for purpose.
- Online shopping is here to stay, growing, and well over half of sales are generated through mobile devices.
- A good web site is just the start – the next step is getting your MARKETING right.
- Though new technologies are available, essential marketing principles still apply.
- Capturing visitor and customer data is essential but often overlooked.
- Search Engine Optimisation remains important, but needs to be a continuous process – and Google seems to be pushing organic search results further down the page!
- Pay per Click can give immediate reach – but needs careful management to prevent expense running away.
- However much we moan about emails, most of us check them many times a day; so they can be a powerful tool, worth getting right.
- Social Media is the nearest digital gets to ‘word of mouth’ – but consistency is important, and it can be time consuming.
- Above all, digital marketing is very measurable and quantifiable – so choose your channels wisely, and make use of the tools available.
Ralph and Andrew’s presentation is available for download here (PDF, 4.3MB).