Committee Member & Webmaster
Role & Responsibilities:
As a committee member, I work to help our membership businesses grow and succeed through:
- Delivering vibrant networking events
- Encouraging inter-trading between members
- Providing professional training on business critical topics
- Being a voice for our members at local government level
- Creating a supportive environment for start-up businesses
- Liaising with our local schools & colleges to help prepare and up-skill the next generation
If you have any suggestions of how we, the Chiltern Chamber can help local businesses excel, send over a message, we’d love to hear from you.
The Chamber Website:
I am also responsible for the design and maintenance of the Chiltern Chamber of Commerce Website. I welcome any suggestions for improvements & enhancements of the site from any of our members!
We actively encourage our members to provide content for the site, for example blogs, news items, articles and special offers. These are also promoted to our social media followers and our email subscribers’ list.
My Day Job: Marketing and Business Development Specialist
I love meeting and helping people. At work, this means using my experience and skill to ensure that my clients’ sales and marketing succeeds, and their businesses prosper.
In particular, I love to:
- Apply tried & tested marketing which gets results
- Make my clients proud of their marketing
- Dress their ‘shop window’ properly – esp. their website
- Create quality leads for my clients
- Train their teams – an investment in the future of the business
I have over 35 years’ experience in marketing, cutting my teeth at Coca-Cola and American Express. I am a Partner with the British Library and host some of their 1-2-1 business clinics for SMEs.
I have a background in mathematics and research tools, so measurement of activity is very important to me – if you know what works, you can do more of it!
I regularly present at networking events hosted by Local Councils and Chambers of Commerce, on a range of marketing topics, from marketing on a shoestring through to how to ensure your digital marketing is effective.
In total, I own or part-own five different businesses: the majority of them based in the Chilterns.
Outside of work, children (I have six!), music and yoga take up most of my time. I was brought up in Chesham and Berkhamsted, moved briefly to Denham, before finally settling in Chorleywood.